Ads

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Sharon Osbourne grateful for fan support



Sharon Osbourne grateful for fan support
Sharon Osbourne feels ''really good'' after receiving letters of support from other women who have undergone double mastectomies.
Sharon Osbourne has been inundated with letters of support since undergoing a double mastectomy.
The 60-year-old showbiz matriarch had both breasts removed after doctors told her she carried a gene likely to cause cancer in the chest area and she has been given a boost after reading messages from other women who have been in a similar situation.
She said: ''I have had letters from people who were in the same position and that mas made me feels really good - I get goose pimples thinking about it.''
Sharon - who is married to Ozzy Osbourne - agreed to undergo the operation because of her previous battle with colon cancer.
She has said: ''I've had cancer before and I didn't want to live under that cloud - I decided to take everything off.
''The odds are not in my favour. For me, it wasn't a big decision, it was a no brainer.''
The 'Talk' host added part of her decision to have the 13-hour surgery to have them removed was due to the arrival of her first grandchild Pearl from son Jack Osbourne and his with Lisa earlier this year.
She said: ''I didn't want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me. I want to be around for a long time and be a grandmother to Pearl.
''I didn't even think of my breasts in a nostalgic way, I just wanted to be able to live my life without that fear all the time.''

0 comments:

Post a Comment