Ads

Friday 14 December 2012

Paul Epworth surprised by Golden Globe nod


Paul Epworth surprised by Golden Globe nod

Paul Epworth is always thrilled to be nominated for an award, but admits he was shocked to learn 'Skyfall' is up for a Golden Globe.
Paul Epworth is ''very surprised'' 'Skyfall' has been nominated for a Golden Globe Award.
The producer - who co-wrote and worked on the latest James Bond theme song with Adele - is always delighted to be recognised for his work but still can't believe the track is up for Best Original Song at the prestigious ceremony.
He told fastmazaa.blogspot.com : ''Every single nomination in anything is really thrilling, but to have one in the film world as opposed to the music world, it's a really wonderful and very surprising step forward, you know?
''I used to do work on film scores as a tape op, so I've done quite a bit of this, but this was definitely the first time that I've done it in this capacity. And to be doing it in front of ['Skyfall' director] Sam Mendes and ['Bond' producer] Barbara Broccoli, it was definitely one of the most daunting sessions of my life.''
Paul - who won Producer of the Year at the 2012 Grammys - may be delighted by the nomination, but is unsure if he can make the Los Angeles ceremony on January 13 2013 as he has booked a holiday for the same time.
He added: ''I'm thrilled to be nominated, and weirder things have happened. To be honest, I have no idea if I'll even be able to make it. Ironically, I just finally booked a holiday yesterday, and I don't know if I'll be able to change my plans. It might be a difficult conversation to have with the wife.''

0 comments:

Post a Comment