Ads

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Perfect Beauty Cosmetics For Girls

Here are my top wishes when it comes to buying makeup.

Perfect Beauty Cosmetics For Girls

1. Foundation

The right foundation will even out your skin tone and give you the appearance of flawless skin. But you have to do it right, otherwise you risk looking like a … clown. Follow these steps for a flawless complexion.

2. Concealer

It has to cover, otherwise, what’s the point? So I’m a fan of those stick foundations, such as Max Factor’s Pan Stick (it’s been reformulated, so it’s much better than you remember), and Kryolan’s stage foundation (found only in Beauty Supply/Theatrical Supply). Definitely thicker than your normal concealer, but it’s also formulated to ‘stick’, so it lasts forever without disappearing on you. Also ry the new Full Coverage Foundation from Mac. For best results, apply with a damp sponge.

3. Powder

Aveda’s loose powder , and Mac’s Loose Powder is a close second. I want powder that sets quickly, has no feel, no fragrance (nothing like scented powder up your nose! cough cough!), and not be so heavy that you look caky within minutes. Both of these fit the bill nicely.

4. Blush

My biggest pet peeve is blush that looks great on, than disappears 2 hours later (I could have sworn I was glowing a minute ago!) Mac’s blushes have great colors and great staying power, a real reason that they’re #1 in most professional makeup artists kits. Also try Loreal’s Cheek Stick for a great affordable cream blush.

5. Mascara

The winner by a landslide, Lancome’s Aquacils and Intencils. In waterproof and non-waterproof versions, their mascaras do a dramatic job in making your lashes look much darker, longer and thicker. Stays on forever,and washes off easily and painlessly. I hope they never run out! Too pricey for you? (I thought so too, until I used them and believe me, it’s well worth the $!) Try Max Factor’s 2000 Calorie Mascara. Great thick lashes as well and Revlon’s Lashful Mascara.

6. Lipstick

I’m a huge fan of “Jane’s” lipsticks and Wet & Wild. Great natural color selections and long lasting wear without the drying out effects. (#23-Jane is a staple, I think I bought about 10 of them so I’ll never run out.) The hardest part is finding them! Try your luck at Target.

7. Pencils

Okay, are we asking too much here? Pencils that go on, don’t run and smear and draw on easily without killing your eyelids. Is that too much to ask? I think by far the hardest makeup item to find, but I think I found it. “Makeup Forever” in #25 is a bit pricey (around $18 I think, for a pencil??), but it’s super long and lasts forever. And it’s a warm brown that I use for everything, brows, eyelids, lip liner. Aveda’s Sepia Eye Pencil is a close second.

8. Eye Shadow

I love Origins and Revlon Pro. Both stay on super long, easy to glide on and in great colors. If you’re trying to find your great basic colors, start here. Looking for the crazy, artistic colors?  Trucco, by Sebastian is known for their wide array of colors, you’ll go crazy at “Makeup Forever’s” counter, and Stilla has the most beautiful, wearable shimmers around.

9. Lipgloss

Okay, we want lip gloss that looks great, stays on, isn’t gloppy, and doesn’t smear all over your mouth like a 2 year old. Aveda’s “Ice Glace” is a staple of mine, on all counts for a soft shimmer that feels and tastes good. Also, I’m jumping up and down over Wet & Wild’s Crystal Clear Gloss. Super super super super shiny,without the stickiness. Heaven! It’s a great cheapie version of Mac’s LipGlass, without the tackiness.

10. Other

Shimmering looks are hot, and my two favorites are Toni & Guy’s Shimmering Loose Powder,and Mac’s Shimmering Loose Powder. Just touch on the high points of the face, and you’ll swear you look 10 years younger. A little hesitant? Try it out only at nighttime on that hot candlelight dinner date you have coming up. You’ll swear he’s falling in love with you.






0 comments:

Post a Comment